It seems at the moment that no sooner do I get back on track with things than something comes along to derail my good intentions.
I’d just got on top of the whole food prep and planning thing, making packed lunches, planning lots of weekend riding, and a few commutes to work when BAM! I come down with a lurgy, my second in two weeks.
I won’t go into the biological details (it involves snot) but suffice it to say that it means I’ve had to take a few days off work and, by extension, cycling, and am also now behind on a number of things.
However, strangely it’s also given me time to think about stuff, and be grateful for a lot of things. So yes, I may be lurgified but here are some good things about it:
- I’m not really very ill. A mild temperature, an annoying cough, but I’ll be better soon. So really in the grand scheme of things I’m lucky.
- Leading on from the above, it’s made me really appreciate being healthy, and having a head that isn’t full of fuzzy thoughts. My body is a rather splendid thing, and once it’s fought off the current viral invaders, I’m going to make an extra effort to treat it with the respect it deserves!
- I’m probably in this position because I’ve been working too hard and have run myself down. Note to self – stop doing that!
- I have some weird remedies that make me happy. Namely, hot baths with copious amounts of Olbas oil (everything now smells of eucalyptus) and hot pineapple juice. Yum!
- Making duvet nests on the sofa and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer repeats is a wonderful thing, and should be extended to use beyond sick days.
So as my foggy brain begins to unfog, I’m managing to get a few bits of work done, making inroads into my exciting 2016 plan (more on that later) and generally looking forward to Christmas.
Leave a Reply